Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Beer Drinker's Life: Issue #1

     Hello fellow beer enthusiasts! Welcome to the first edition of "A Beer Drinker's Life." This is not a blog for beer snobs, this is a blog for beer lovers. In my opinion, beer is a craft, an art, a way of life and should be appreciated far more than it is judged. I am a connoisseur and an addict, on a never ending quest to find the next great beer while appreciating the mediocre and the good along the way. If you love beer, if you don't judge others for their specific tastes, and if you don't ever DRAINPOUR (gasp!) then this is the blog for you! Snobbery is discouraged! Enthusiasm is welcomed!

     Here we sit on the eve of the Super Bowl. Perhaps there is no past time that goes with beer as well as sports and there is no bigger sporting event than the Super Bowl, what a combination! When an event as big as the Super Bowl comes around I say go big with your beer. Find a whale, open your "special occasion" brew, drink your all time favorite! For the Super Bowl I will be drinking my all time favorite beer, Troegs Nugget Nectar and a beer that I had been chasing for a month or so, the one off Firestone Walker XVI. For those unfamiliar, Nugget Nectar is a seasonal brew that is released January-March every year and flies off the shelves as fast as it's put on. Firestone Walker XVI is their annual anniversary beer that changes every year and is only brewed once.  This year it is a blend of 8 different barrel aged beers.  The anticipation is killing me!!!

     In the future, "A Beer Drinker's Life" will primarily be beer reviews. I look forward to feedback, questions and requests. I am always looking to educate others on beer and I welcome knowledge from others.

Drink On,

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment