Monday, February 18, 2013

Issue #17: Revolutionary Ale Series

For years now I've been meaning to try Yards Brewing's Ales of the Revolution. The Philadelphia brewer has recreated four different brews from the historical recipes of Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Alexander Hamilton and Benjamin Franklin. Unfortunately I was only able to grab the Thomas Jefferson, but at least it's a start.

Yards - Thomas Jefferson Tavern Ale - 8% ABV
American Strong Ale/English Strong Ale
12 oz bottle poured into a pub glass
Bottled 12/17/12

Appearance - Slightly hazy amber, with a medium, fluffy, lasting white head.

Aroma - Smells malty and bready, slightly sweet.

Taste - Taste follows the nose; bready, very sweet, almost a honey flavor, a lot of flavor from the yeast, slightly bitter finish.

Mouthfeel - Good body, mild carbonation.

Overall - I'm certainly glad I tried it, the whole idea is really cool in my opinion. That being said, it really wasn't anything special but it wasn't bad. 3/5

Tomorrow I'm going to bring you something new, beers to seek out. I'll give you current seasonals, seasonals that are nearing the end of their run, new beers and beers that are coming soon. Until then

Drink On,

Dan


No comments:

Post a Comment